Soft carriers, consist of a long piece of straight cloth. They are locally made. Each carrier comes with tying instructions. In person training with your baby or a doll can be arranged.
Baby wearing is the practice of wearing or carrying a baby in a sling or in another form of carrier. A soft carrier can be used from birth, different tying styles let you carry your baby in the front, on the side and on the back.
Benefits of Baby Wearing
- Infants thrive through touch; “wearing” your baby is another way to meet this need.
- Carried babies cry less! Baby wearing for three hours a day reduced infant crying by 43 percent overall and 54 percent during evening hours.
- Premature babies and babies with special needs gain weight faster and are healthier when worn (kangaroo care).
- Carrying your baby makes you confident parents by becoming finely attuned to his movements, gestures, and facial expressions.
- Baby carriers are a great bonding tool for all caregivers. Your baby becomes used to their voice, heartbeat, movements, and facial expressions.
- It’s convenient. You can take care of older children or do chores without frequent interruptions from an anxious or distressed infant.
You can find many good instructions, here is a selection of my favourites from the number 1 German Baby Wrap manufacturer Didymos:
Kangaroo Hip Carry – from 3 months – Written Instruction – YouTube Video